S type load cell is also known as S beam load cell. Based on the side-mounted installation method, it is often used for structural performance testing of automotive systems or industrial control. Today, as a resistive sensor with a resistance strain gauge as the conversion element, its installation method tutorials are diversified, so the standard installation method is not only a professional reflection, but also can avoid product damage.
1. According to the required working environment, select the appropriate sensor range and determine the rated load of the sensor used. Although the load cell itself has a certain overload capacity, it should be avoided as much as possible during installation and use. Sometimes a short-term overload may also cause damage to the sensor.
2. The load cell should be handled with care, especially for the small-capacity sensor that uses alloy aluminum material as the elastic body, any shock or drop caused by vibration is likely to cause a large output error.
3. Before installation, connect according to the instructions. Common wiring methods: red is the positive pole of the power supply, connected to EXC+, the black wire is the negative pole of the power supply, connected to EXC-, the green wire is the signal positive pole, connected to SIG+, and the white wire is the signal negative pole. When connected to SIG-, the blue wire is the feedback positive pole, and when it is connected to SEN+, the yellow wire is the feedback negative pole, which is connected to SEN-. The colors of the wires may be different when they leave the factory.
4. The sensor shell, protective cover, and lead connectors are all sealed and cannot be opened at will. The cable should not be lengthened by itself, because the sensor cable has been adjusted according to the output resistance value at the factory. Lengthening or shortening it will affect the output resistance of the sensor. In order to affect the accuracy of the whole sensor, if it really needs to be lengthened, it should be soldered at the joint, and moisture-proof sealant should be added, and the resistance should be re-adjusted to achieve the default output resistance at the factory.
5. The cable of the sensor should be far away from the strong power supply line or the place with pulse wave, which can reduce the on-site interference source to the sensor signal output, reduce the error and improve the accuracy.
6. In the case of high precision use, the tension sensor and meter should be used after preheating for 30 minutes.
7. When purchasing sensors as spare parts, the load cells should be stored in a dry and ventilated room without corrosive gases.
In my opinion, although the professional S type load cell installation method cannot provide a guide for purchase, it can reduce the unnecessary cost of post-maintenance.